QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

楼主: 12345

财经英语学习笔记

[复制链接]
 楼主| 发表于 2012-5-2 13:50:16 | 显示全部楼层
仙理不好,股市很好.所以近来有多滴时间复习历史.
历史之所以有趣,在于它隐藏的秘密.
比如我们很容易发现,上一世纪被人们炒得最凶的事件和人物居然是历史的一段插曲,包括毛蒋史和改革开放这样的大事.上一世纪的主线应该在某些人的心中还不能公开的秘密.
小贩,用客家话来说,是仙理客,既然是仙理,它就不会有错.
回复 点赞 拍砖

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2012-5-3 00:42:59 | 显示全部楼层
希拉里有声自传Hillary Rodham Clinton10
http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/xllzz/63733.html

My decision to go the Yale law school was an expression of my belief that the system could be changed from within. When I entered Yale in the fall of 1969, I was one of twenty-seven women out of 235 students to matriculate. This seems like a paltry number now, but it was a break through at the time and meant that women would no longer be token students at Yale. While women’s rights appeared to be gaining some traction as the1960s skittered to an end, everything else seemed out of kilter and uncertain.

White, middle-class anti-war activists were found plotting to build bombs in their basements. The non-violent, largely black civil rights movement splintered into factions, and new voices emerged among urban blacks belonging to the Black Muslims and Black Panther Party. As domestic spying and counterintelligence operations expanded under the Nixon Administration, it seemed, at times, that our government was at war with its own people.

On April 30, President Nixon announced that he was sending U.S. troops into Cambodia, expanding the Vietnam War.

Then, on May 4, National Guard troops opened fire on students protesting at Kent State University in Ohio. Four students were killed. I remember rushing out the door of the law school in tears and running into Professor Fritz Kessler, a refugee who fled Hitler’s Germany. He asked me what the matter was and I told him I couldn’t believe what was happening; he chilled me by saying that, for him, it was all too familiar.

True to my upbringing, I advocated engagement, not disruption or “revolution.” On May 7, I kept a previously planned obligation to speak at the convention banquet of the fiftieth anniversary of the League of Women Voters in Washington, D.C. I wore a black armband in memory of the students who had been killed.

The keynote speaker at the League convention was Marian Wright Edelman, whose example helped direct me into my lifelong advocacy for children.

A few months later, Marian spoke at Yale. I introduced myself to her after wards. The summer of 1970, the Law Student Civil Rights Research Council gave me a grant, which I used to support my working at the Washington Research Project Marian had started in Washington, D.C.

Marian assigned me to do research on the education and health of migrant children. I had some limited experience with migrant children who had attended my elementary school for a few months each year and with others my church had arranged for me to baby-sit when I was about fourteen years old. Every Saturday morning during harvest season, I went with several of my Sunday school friends to the migrant camp, where we took care of the children under ten while their older brothers and sisters worked in the fields with their parents.

I got to know one seven-year-old girl, Maria, who was preparing to receive her First Communion when her family returned to Mexico at the end of the harvest. But she wouldn’t be able to mark that passage unless her family saved enough money to buy her a proper white dress. I told my mother about Maria, and she took me to buy a beautiful dress. When we presented it to Maria’s mother, she started crying and dropped to her knees to kiss my mother’s hands. My embarrassed mother kept saying she knew how important it was for a little girl to feel special on such an occasion. Years later, I realized that my mother must have identified with Maria.

Although these children lived harsh lives, they were bright, hopeful and loved by their parents.

But as I conducted my research, I learned how often farm workers and their children were―and still too often are―deprived of basics like decent housing and sanitation.

When I returned to Yale for my second year in the fall of 1970, I decided to concentrate on how the law affected children. I realized that what I wanted to do with the law was to give voice to children who were not being heard.

My first scholarly article, titled “Children Under the Law,” was published in 1974 in the Harvard Educational Review. It explores the difficult decisions the judiciary and society face when children are abused or neglected by their families or when parental decisions have potentially irreparable consequences, such as denying a child medical care or the right to continue school. I come from a strong family and believe in a parent’s natural presumptive right to raise his or her child as he or she sees fit.

But in New Haven, I saw children whose parents beat and burned them; who left them alone for days in squalid apartments; who failed and refused to seek necessary medical care. The sad-truth, I learned, was that certain parents abdicated their rights as parents, and someone―preferably another family member, but ultimately the state―had to step in to give a child the chance for a permanent and loving home.

I thought often of my own mother’s neglect and mistreatment at the hands of her parents and grandparents, and how other caring adults filled the emotional void to help her.

Who would have predicted that during the 1992 presidential campaign, nearly two decades after I wrote the article, conservative Republicans like Marilyn Quayle and Pat Buchanan would twist my words to portray me as “anti-family”? Some commentators actually claimed that I wanted children to be able to sue their parents if they were told to take out the garbage. I couldn’t foresee the later misinterpretation of my paper; nor could I have predicted the circumstances that would motivate the Republicans to denounce me. And I certainly didn’t know that I was about to meet the person who would cause my life to spin in directions that I could never have imagined
回复 点赞 拍砖

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2012-5-6 23:15:42 | 显示全部楼层
明天将低开高走,牛市的重要特点在于此.大盘将在下20点左右盘绕上攻.我将上次目标2520调整降30点,目标在2490.
回复 点赞 拍砖

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2012-5-7 12:57:11 | 显示全部楼层
简述主要经济思潮
1 大右,有点似汉奸,但他们是最早觉醒的一批.他们的理论多为主观性,如茅于,张,蓝客,兴宁袁
2 右派,比较理性,大多还存有良心的知识分子属于此类,如吴敬,南都,严管也是.多数已分得成果
3 稍右,即稳键派,主要是机构内参谋型执行型有行动力的.于光远一类
4 中间派:新华算得上,左右都顾及.
5 稍左:代表下岗工人说话,支持公有制,左大培刘国光一类,郎咸平一类.算是有良心的一类.
6 左派:抓记者,抓律师的,逆潮流而动,对英雄有崇拜迷信的.怀念公正清廉引生的
7 极左:确实存在一批,开放前的受益者
8 还有一类是异端,即分离主义和邪门歪道
其实,各有各的土壤和道理,不要极端就可以了.
回复 点赞 拍砖

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2012-5-7 15:08:34 | 显示全部楼层
12345 发表于 2012-5-6 23:15
明天将低开高走,牛市的重要特点在于此.大盘将在下20点左右盘绕上攻.我将上次目标2520调整降30点,目标在2490 ...

今天的股市完全是按我的指挥运行,她为何这样的乖?
低开11点后,下探20点,再上行.收复今天的下跌.
今天的下跌是受外围影响,但A股是不认同这种下跌的.
回复 点赞 拍砖

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2012-5-7 21:39:03 | 显示全部楼层

http://v.youku.com/v_playlist/f16689590o1p2.html

郑强教授演讲
回复 点赞 拍砖

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2012-5-9 14:52:47 | 显示全部楼层
有感中船涨停.成七绝

造船,万岁

韬光养晦哪时休,
      万里南疆积弱柔.
      利炮船坚精力好,
      中华岂可再蒙羞.

600072.PNG
回复 点赞 拍砖

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2012-5-12 22:51:20 | 显示全部楼层
Good  news for market

China will lower banks' reserve requirement ratio (RRR) by 0.5 percentage points starting May 18,

the country's central bank announced Saturday.

The cut, the second of its kind this year, will drop the RRR for the country's large financial institutions to 20 percent and the medium- and small-sized financial institutions to 16.5 percent, according to the People's Bank of China.

Analysts say the central bank's move is to further release liquidity against the backdrop of current slowdown in economic growth.

China had previously lowered the RRR by 0.5 percentage points on Feb. 24.

回复 点赞 拍砖

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2012-5-13 04:19:33 | 显示全部楼层
必背的句子

It hurts to love someone and not be loved in return,but what is the most painful is to love someone and never finding the courage to let the person know how you feel."

"It takes a minute to have a crush on someone, an hour to like someone and a day to love someone. But it takes a lifetime to forget someone."

"There are things you love to hear but you would never hear it from the person whom you would like to hear it from, but don't be deaf to hear it from the person who says it with his heart."

"Love is when you take away the feeling, the passion, the romance, and you find out you still care for that person."

"A sad thing about life is that when you meet someone who means a lot to you only to find out in the end that it was never bound to be and you just have to let go."

"When one door of happiness closes, another opens but often we look so long at the closed door that we don't see the one which has been opened for us."

"The best kind a friend is the one you could sit on a porch, swing with, never say a word, and then walk away feeling like that was the best conversation you've had."

"It's true that we don't know that what we've got until we lose it, but it's also true that we don't know what we've been missing until it arrives."
'

Always put yourself in the other's shoes. If you feel that it hurts you,it probably hurts the person too.
         Giving someone all your love is never an assurance that they'll love you back! don't expect love in return; just wait for it to grow in their heart but if it doesn't, be content it grew in yours.

"Never say goodbye when you still want to try, never give up when you still feel you can take it, never say you don't love that person anymore when you can't let go."

"When you were born, you were crying and everyone around you was smiling, live your life so that when you die, you're smiling and everyone around you is crying."

"The real measure of our wealth is how much we'd be worth if we lost all our money."

"Love comes to those who still hope even though they've been disappointed, to those who still believe even though they've been betrayed, need to love those who still love even though they've been hurt before."

"Dream what you want to dreams, go where you want to go, be what you want to be coz you have only one life and one chance to do all the things you want in life."

"May you have enough happiness to make you sweet, enough trials to make you strong, enough sorrow to keep you human, enough hope to make you happy and enough money to buy me gifts."

"A careless word may kindle strife; a cruel word may wreck a life, a timely word may level stress, a loving word may heal and bless."

"The happiest of people don't necessarily have the best of everything, they just make the most of everything that comes along their way."
appiness lies for those who cry, those who hurt, those who have searched and those who have tried, for only they can appreciate the importance of people who have toughed their lives."

"Love starts with a smile, develops with a kiss and ends with a tear.
爱情因一个微笑而产生,因一吻而滋长,最后因一滴泪而终结。

"The brightest future will always be based on a forgotten past, you can't go on well in life until you let go of your past failures and heartaches."

When life give you a hundred reasons to cry, show life that you have a thousand reasons to smile.  just a sunflower ,waiting for my only sunshine。

He who has ability to be such a naughty guy and can be stronger more as well.

Sometimes, when I say ‘Oh, I’m fine.’ — I want you to look into my eyes and say ‘Tell the truth’

The hardest person to get over with is the one: You never had.. But once made you happy——
最难忘记的人是那些不曾拥有,但曾给你带来许多快乐的人。

Sometimes you realise too late that what you're looking for is exactly what you just let go

Wise man have their mouths in their hearts, fools have their hearts in their mouths

Sometimes words cannot express the burden of our heart
Never underestimate your power to change yourself!
永远不要低估你改变自我的能力!

The more you care, the more you have to lose
在意的越多,失去的就越多。

Just because you’re not my everything anymore, doesn’t mean you are nothing for me now
只是因为你不再是我的一切,并不意味着你对我而言无足轻重。

The stupid seek happiness far away,and the clever plough it under feet
愚笨的人到远处去寻找幸福,聪明的人就在自己脚底下耕耘幸福。

Life is crazy! We chase what we can't have, and run away from what we desire the most!
生活有的时候很疯狂,我们追逐那些无法拥有的,却放弃那些我们最需要的。

There's always that one song that brings back old memories
总有那么一首歌,让你陷入深深的回忆。

In life we all have an unspeakable secret, an irreversible regret, an unreachable dream and an unforgettable love。
人的一生,总有一些说不出的秘密,挽不回的遗憾,触不到的梦想,忘不了的爱。

If you remember me, then I don't care if everyone else forgets. 如果你能记住我,全世界忘了我又如何。。。

Life isn’t about waiting for the storm to pass, it’s about learning to dance in the rain.
生活不是等着暴风雨过去,而是学会在风雨中跳舞。

Sometimes you need to look back, otherwise you will never know what you have lost in the way of forever searching
偶尔要回头看看,否则永远都在追寻,而不知道自己失去了什么。

The most painful goodbyes are the ones never said, but the heart already knows it's over
最痛苦的一种再见是从未说出口,但心里却清楚,一切都已结束。。。

Never regret. If it's good, it's wonderful. If it's bad, it's experience.
永远别后悔,如果过去是好的,那很完美。如果过去是不好的,那也是经验和智慧。

Love may fade with the season.But some friendships are year-round
爱情可能随着季节的变迁而消退,但友情会为你全年守候。

Promises are often like the butterfly, which disappear after beautiful hover.
承诺常常很像蝴蝶,美丽的飞,盘旋然后不见。

Every person need a friend to make them laugh when they think they will never smile again.

The most important thing in life is that you learn from whatever you take on, and you end up to be a better person

Sometimes God doesn't give you what you want, not because you don't deserve it, but because you deserve more

If you weeped for the missing sunset,you would miss all the shining stars。

Don't get mad when a girl cares too much. Worry when she starts not too care anymore

You never realize how much you like someone until you watch he likes someone else.
A true friend is someone who accepts your past, supports your present and encourages your future.

When the world says, "give up," hope whispers, "try it one more time."
当全世界都要我放弃, 我还是期待有人轻语一声:“ 再试一次”。

Sometimes it's difficult to express in words what the heart already knows.
有时候,尽管心里已经明白,但很难用言语来表达。

We grow neither better or worse as we grow old but more and more like ourselves
随着年龄的增长,我们并不变好也不变坏,而是变得更像我们自己。

最优美动人的英语句子.doc

205.5 KB, 下载次数: 17, 下载积分: 纸票 -1

回复 点赞 拍砖

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2012-5-14 17:09:38 | 显示全部楼层
本帖最后由 12345 于 2012-5-14 22:00 编辑

是谁,天作旗盘星作子,
是谁,于无声处放惊雷.

Good advice is harsh to the ear
回复 点赞 拍砖

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2012-5-15 14:44:28 | 显示全部楼层
这几天,历史主线若隐若现.
回复 点赞 拍砖

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2012-5-18 12:43:19 | 显示全部楼层
The paw with hard -nosed seems to smell out somewhat  from your broadcast scripts.
回复 点赞 拍砖

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2012-5-25 00:35:07 | 显示全部楼层
捞油水,居然是外来文化
GREASE.
拿人的心软也是
soften up
回复 点赞 拍砖

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2012-5-28 22:24:11 | 显示全部楼层
AN IMPORTANT  BOOK----
'The Wealth of Nations'

Who is this man?  How were all these political leaders influenced by him?  And how was the way the world works today transformed by him?  In 1776,, Adam Smith, a Scottish economist and philosopher, published a book called 'The Wealth of Nations'.  Remarkably, more than 200 years later, this book is still one of the biggest influences on the way we do business today.

In his book, Smith came up with three major, and very modern, ideas: the division of labor, self interest and free trade.  The first was the division of labor. To illustrate this theory, he used the example of pin making. At the time, the process of making pins involved one man or woman making each pin from start to finish. Smith suggested instead that the labor be divided between five different people, each of them completing one small part of the process.
With this division of labor, Smith calculated that productivity could be increased by 240 times.  Consequently, the division of labor was a precursor to today's 'mass production'' and assembly lines, that are used in modern manufacturing worldwide.
Smith's second idea was the pursuit of self-interest. He believed that self-interest could be a powerful economic force.  To highlight this, he writes of a butcher, a baker and a brewer.
Smith pointed out that each of these individuals were in business not to help each other, but to help themselves.  For example, the butcher sells his meat to the baker and the brewer.  He makes a profit, and therefore spends some of this money in the shops of the baker and the brewer.  It's as if, although working for themselves, they're also benefiting the society around them. Smith believed that due in part to this 'self-interest', prices would regulate themselves.
Look at it this way: if the butcher overcharges the baker and the brewer, they won't come back to his shop, so it's in his own self-interest to be honest and charge a fair price.  Smith likened this idea to an 'invisible hand'' that controlled the market, so that all producers would charge a fair price for their product. This led Smith to his third main idea, that of free trade.  Smith believed that a free market, left alone by government, would benefit everyone.  In other words, it was when governments started making rules to control trade, that trade suffered.
Critics of a free market, however, argue that if people do business in a world with no rules, their self-interest encourages them to act unwisely or dishonestly, and this can lead to a market crash, such as that of 2008 One thing though, is clear.  Since its publication in 1776,, Smith's 'The Wealth of Nations'' has proved to be an accurate prediction of the way we do business in the modern world.
回复 点赞 拍砖

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2012-5-30 12:55:07 | 显示全部楼层

说明:
<<国富论>>,是学习经济理论必读书之一,它的影响不亚于<<资本论>>.作者亚当斯密也是一位哲学家.该书是古典经济学最重要的代表作.
该书最重要的立论基础,是人性私利.这一重要的哲学命题,是决定一门科学是否能立足的基本问题.

回复 点赞 拍砖

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 用户注册

本版积分规则

存档|手机版|返回页顶|客家风情——客家人·客家网 HakkaOnline.com

GMT+8, 2024-5-20 12:43