只需一步,快速开始

查看: 4354|回复: 4

有消息说前泰国首相阿比西家族是福建/闽南人

[复制链接]
发表于 2014-1-22 02:22:27 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
有消息说前泰国首相阿比西家族是福建/闽南人

Vejjajiva ancestry revealed
July 31, 2011 12:00 am
Re: "Request for information on Vejjajiva family", Letters, July 24.With reference to Leonie Vejjajiva's letter, I should like, as a member of that family, to clarify and set the record straight. Our ancestors were Chinese belonging to the dialect group called "Hokkien", prevalent in the coastal province of Hokkien or Fujian, with the clan name (Sae) of Ouan (Hokkien pronunciation), or Yuan in Mandarin. They, however, did not come to Siam directly from the Chinese province, but had settled in Kampot, a seaport now in Cambodia but then under Annamese (Vietnamese) rule, from where they set foot on Thai soil in Chanthaburi in the year 1833 during the reign of King Rama III. The Hokkiens were the first Chinese to arrive in Ayutthaya, in the 18th century, and spread all over the country, especially in the South and Southeast, on the trading sea route from China. The Na Songkla and the Na Ranong families as well as the Krairikshs are of Hokkien descent. This is not to be (but often) confused with another Chinese dialect group known in English as Hakkas but as "Khae" in the Thai language, to which many well-known figures and families belong, such as Mr Lee Kuan Yew of Singapore and the famous Lamsam family of Thailand. So if Leonie Vejjajiva's "theory" about the "tall" Hakkas and the inherited "syndromes of heart, psychiatric and blood diseases" is to be pursued, I would suggest that she turn to such Hakka descendants for verification. Intermarriage seems to be blamed by Leonie Vejjajiva for the afflictions suffered by her family, presumably her children. At Chantaburi, where there has always been a closely-knit community of people sharing the Hokkien bloodline, marriage between members of community families have over the years been quite common, thus making the numerous descendants "relatives". Such intermarriages are not uncommon in other communities and indeed Thai society generally, without any implication or insinuation as to heath or inherited disease, a fact appreciated even by many foreigners, but incomprehensible perhaps to some who refuse to understand even after spending as many as 50 years in our midst. A more pertinent point to ponder in this case is whether rather than putting the blame on "intermarriage," one should not turn attention to miscegenation, defined as "the inter-breeding of people of different races", especially in light of the unknown or unaccounted for foreign gene. Leonie Vejjajiva mentioned in her letter about her plan to write a book about my own family. I certainly feel a little flattered, and would wish her well, provided that the book, as written by an educated, well-informed and unprejudiced author, shall refrain from any precipitous judgement or indeed any venom. Vittya Vejjajiva Bangkok

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/opinion/Vejjajiva-ancestry-revealed-30161559.html
回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2014-1-22 02:25:54 | 显示全部楼层
Request for information on Vejjajiva family
Published on July 24, 2011

Dear Sir, I am trying to trace the genealogy of the Vejjajiva family as my daughter and I are writing a book about it.

As far as I know the family originated from Sichuan in China and moved to Vietnam. The original name was Yuen and they were Hakka Chinese. Many of the men are very tall, as is common among the Hakka. Due to intermarriage it appears that they brought some inherited syndromes with them such as heart, psychiatric and blood diseases that have seriously affected my family. I would be appreciative if anyone who knows the history would let me know. The present name was awarded by Royalty a hundred years ago.

Leonie Vejjajiva

回复 点赞 拍砖

使用道具 举报

发表于 2014-1-22 10:57:20 | 显示全部楼层
从身高不能说是什么族群。主要看族群祖辈过去那些居住,推测他们当时说什么方言。
回复 点赞 拍砖

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2014-1-23 03:08:22 | 显示全部楼层
skc 发表于 2014-1-22 10:57
从身高不能说是什么族群。主要看族群祖辈过去那些居住,推测他们当时说什么方言。 ...

泰国前首相阿比西Abhisit Vejjajiva出任总理的时,泰国报纸都说Vejjajiva家族是客家人。
2011年,Leonie Vejjajiva (一位洋人妇女嫁入 Vejjajiva 家族)写给泰国英文报纸征求更多关于他们家族的事,她说她只知道他们家族是客家人,原本从四川过去,因为她和她女儿想写一本关于家族的书(后来她在2013年去世了)。
家族有一位成员 Vittya Vejjajiva ,在报纸回应说 Vejjajiva 家族是福建人
回复 点赞 拍砖

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2014-1-31 23:26:04 | 显示全部楼层
本帖最后由 城客 于 2014-1-31 23:27 编辑

在泰国的华人社会也是有族群之分
客家人支持客家人达信 (Thaksin), 非客家人反达信

A true story: about two years ago, I got into a taxi to go to the airport. The driver was an elderly Chinese, quite proud of his origins in Bangkok’s Chinatown. Most taxi drivers then were wildly pro-Thaksin; when I asked him about his views, I expected only the usual. But No! He said: “You think I support Thaksin because I am a taxi driver. But you are wrong. I am a Hakka and so is Thaksin. We Hakka are the only brave Chinese. We never let our women to suffer the torture of their feet being crushed. We led the great revolutionary uprising in the 1850s which would have overthrown the Manchu dynasts if the Whites didn’t give Peking a lot of arms and money. We Hakkas are brave, tough, honest, hardworking, and creative. That’s why I support him.” I was curious, so asked what he thought about the leader of the Democrat Party. “He is a typical Hokkien, arriving in Thailand from Vietnam two generations ago. The Hokkien are real ers, liars, cowards, big talkers, arrogant, treacherous…. etc.” “How about the ultra right-wing movement?” “Their leader is an immoral right-wing asshole (Sondhi Llim). He comes from the island of Hainan, and is a real Hailamese. These people are dirty, cowardly, opportunist, lazy, treacherous…….” At that point I had the courage to ask about the Monarch. The family is from the Techiu, historically a small, unimportant offshoot of the Hokkien. They say they are real Thais but actually they are not, and their Chinese clan name is Ma (Horse). They are like a mini version of the Hokkiens.” I said that you haven’t said a word about the rural Thai. “They are nice people, but they are satisfied if they have good food to eat, plenty of alcohol, and ditto for sex. They have no politics.” “But doesn’t this indicate,” I ventured, “that your view of politics in Thailand is like the classic Three Kingdoms? Can this be true?” “Well yes, the Hakkas, Hailamese, Cantonese, Hokkiens and Techius, control every institution that is important."

The interesting thing is that in Thai open politics you can slug your way oratorically by denouncing your enemies as: crooks, exploiters, greedy politicians, homosexuals, un-Thai, coup-plotters, womanizers, slaves of Hollywood, etc., etc. The one thing that can never be said is “You are a m-ing Chink.” This is the only agreement by all the power hungries, rather like the French politicians who agreed not to let the press get at their prostitutes, mistresses, etc., etc. What’s (Marxistically speaking) interesting is that the bourgeoisie doesn’t come out of socio-economic changes within a nation, but is an immigrant class, which is also half proud of China and half afraid of Peking. You can in the same way think about the Philippines, where almost all the Presidents have been Sino-Filipino, but never say so, and, of course Singapore, a Hakka dictatorship. Weird, but fascinating!

http://insurgentnotes.com/2013/12/letter-from-thailand/
回复 点赞 拍砖

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 用户注册

本版积分规则

存档|手机版|返回页顶|客家风情——客家人·客家网 HakkaOnline.com

GMT+8, 2024-5-5 06:56